Art Lab for Kids
Art Lab for Kids is a refreshing source of wonderful ideas for creating fine art with children. This step-by-step book offers 52 fun and creative art projects set into weekly lessons, beginning with drawing, moving through painting and printmaking, and then building to paper collage and mixed media.
Each lesson features and relates to the work and style of a contemporary artist and their unique style. The labs can be used as singular projects or to build up to a year of hands-on fine art experiences. Grouped by medium, the labs are set up loosely to build skills upon the previous ones; however, you can begin anywhere.
Have fun exploring:
- drawing by creating a whimsical scene on a handmade crayon scratchboard.
- painting by using watercolors and salt to create a textured landscape.
- printmaking by using lemons, celery, mushrooms, and other produce to make colorful prints.
- paper by creating an expressive self-portrait using pieces of colored tissue paper.
- mixed media by making insects from patterned contact paper and watercolor pencils.
Curated Just for Them
Need something mervelous for your best friend, your favorite colleague, or your hard-to-shop-for auntie? We'll handpick the perfect fits for a present that's sure to please.Make It A Gift Box